Grinders For Truck Linings And Brake Shoes
This grinder type RCF.51 has been designed for processing the (ID) internal diameter of both parallel and tapered rigid truck linings (BLOCKS) .
This machines are suitable for processing the linings in:
- large batches, thanks to its high productivity;
- small and medium size batches, thanks to the fast set ups and very limited requirement for tooling.
Please note the following comments on the functionality of the square-ness of the lining before and after its processing with this machine :
Linings entering in the grinder
In order to generate a correct ID profile, the square-ness of the pressed lining between the sides and the ID axis must be correct.
Lining pressed in a single cavity normally is perfectly acceptable.
Linings sliced out of a multiple slab should be carefully controlled.
The grinding machine type RCF.51 can be connected in line with our other grinding machines for truck linings to create several configurations of semi-automatic of fully automatic grinding lines.
The operating carriage approaches, at the maximum speed, the grinding area of the machine. The feeding speed is reduced and the lining goes underneath the ID grinding wheel. After grinding, the speed of the operating carriage gets back to the maximum value to move the lining to the unloading section of the machine. The blocks are unloaded on an exit conveyor or delivered automatically to the next step of the process.
The empty carriage returns, at the maximum speed, to the loading area of the machine where a new lining is ready to be taken for grinding.
PRODUCTIVITY AND SET UP TIME OF THE RCF.51 GRINDING UNIT
• Productivity for all the RCF.51 unit, depending on quantity of material to be removed and dimensions of the linings: parts/hour 600
• Set up time (without changing the grinding wheel): about 10 minutes
• Maximum thickness material removing: up to 2 mm
DIMENSIONAL RANGE OF THE PROCESSABLE LININGS
• Internal diameter: minimum mm 250 / maximum mm 450
• Chord: minimum mm 130 / maximum mm 260
• Width: minimum mm 100 / maximum mm 260
The size range of the blocks that can be processed come out from a combination of the arc length and IR, for this reason CLV with ID outside of our machine limits may result still suitable to be ground on our machine. We need to evaluate the drawing of customer's CVL having ID values out of our working limits to confirm feasibility.